When it comes to your entry door, it’s important to choose a product that’s sturdy and reliable. That is why many people consider fiberglass and steel entry doors as the best options. Find out how these two types of entry doors stack up against each other in today’s post from Madison Door — one of the top door and window replacement companies in the region.
Fiberglass Entry Doors
Here are some basic facts that you should know about fiberglass entry doors:
- Installation – Fiberglass doors are generally easier to install than other types of doors because they are pre-hung. Your contractor simply needs to install them onto the hinges in the doorway.
- Appearance – If you want an entry door that resembles wood, fiberglass doors with simulated wood grain styles are a great choice, and are available in wide selection of colors, styles and grains.
- Durability – Since they’re a lightweight material, these doors are susceptible to dents, as well as bending and breaking. However, they resist rust, so they can still prove to be a long-lasting option.
- Maintenance – Fiberglass doors are easy to maintain. They can be wiped down, oiled and sprayed with a pressure washer to keep them clean. They can be painted and repainted as well.
- Cost – Fiberglass doors are generally more expensive than steel doors.
Steel Entry Doors
If you’re considering steel for your new entry doors, here are a few important things to know:
- Installation – Steel doors must be cut according to the doorway measurements. To ensure the best fit to the doorway, they usually require anchors and wall frames.
- Appearance – There aren’t as many style options for steel doors, but they contribute a smooth and unique aesthetic to any home.
- Durability – Steel doors are prone to scratches and dents, but they won’t normally penetrate the inside of your door. You can rest assured that your door will stand firm despite the impact.
- Maintenance – Steel doors have a tendency to rust, so you should never hose them down. They don’t require regular cleaning, but it’s critical to keep them well oiled.
- Cost – On average, steel doors are cheaper than fiberglass doors. They are also known for contributing to a higher resale value.
If you’re looking for door and window installation companies that can ensure long-lasting products, look no further than Madison Door. We ensure that our custom-made door and window products will meet your requirements. Call us at (973) 822-1693 or fill out our contact form to request a free quote.